1. What is triple encryption?
2. What is a meet-in-the-middle attack?
3. How many keys are used in triple encryption?
4. List and briefly define the block cipher modes of operation.
5. Why do some block cipher modes of operation only use encryption while others use both encryption and decryption?
1. List two criteria to validate the randomness of a sequence of numbers.
2. What is ANSI X9.17 PRNG?
3. What is the difference between a one-time pad and a stream cipher?
4. List a few applications of stream ciphers and block ciphers.
1. What is a public key certificate?
2. What are the roles of the public and private key?
3. What are three broad categories of applications of public-key cryptosystems?
4. What requirements must a public-key cryptosystems fulfill to be a secure algorithm?
5. How can a probable-message attack be used for public-key cryptanalysis?
6. List the different approaches to attack the RSA algorithm.
7. Describe the countermeasures to be used against the timing attack.