In the final week of this course, you will design an intervention to address a specific problem you have identified utilizing social psychological insight. To ensure proper preparation for this cumulative work and to provide you with an opportunity for initial feedback, this week you will identify and describe a problem using relevant theory and research. Note that the purpose of this assignment is formative. At this point, you are not expected to have a perfectly firm grasp on the material or a detailed plan for addressing a particular problem, but you should be progressing in a clear direction with regard to relevant background information and resources. Your topic statement should encompass the following:
- Describe a problem of interest to you, personally, or that you are likely to encounter, professionally.
- Relate the behaviors that contribute to and result from this social issue.
- Discriminate relevant theoretical perspectives from social psychology.
- Generate potential intervention strategies.
Synthesize the information you have acquired from your review of the literature, guided by the above points.
Conclude with a paragraph that includes questions you have, additional directions you plan to explore through your research, initial thoughts about the final paper, and any problems you are experiencing or think you might encounter.
The Topic Statement
- Must be at least 3 to 5 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center’s Introduction to APA (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Running head
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must utilize academic voice.
- See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must address the topic with critical thought.
- Must use at least three peer-reviewed scholarly sources. Additional scholarly sources are encouraged.
- See the Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table for additional guidance.
- Must utilize in-text citations appropriately.
- See the Integrating Research (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- See the Quoting, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- See the Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide for additional guidance.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style.
- See Formatting your References List (Links to an external site.) for additional guidance.