This is the second of a series of five sequential assignments (the course project) in which you continue to act as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of a hypothetical, e-commerce start-up company of your design.
You have been tasked with delivering an information technology project plan in anticipation of the company relocating to a new facility. In the first course deliverable, you created a project plan inception document and supporting Gantt chart (ATTACHED). This deliverable spelled out the company’s background information and business and provided an overview of the company’s information system infrastructure.
In this second course project deliverable, you are responsible for developing the business requirements to be incorporated into the information systems design you are creating.
Procuring quality business requirements is a critical step when designing quality information systems. Completing a quality requirements document captures user needs and expectations to facilitate the proper design of the company’s infrastructure and information systems.
This assignment consists of two parts:
Part 1: Business Requirements
You will develop a 5–7-page business requirements document for your hypothetical e-commerce company as part of the overall information systems project plan you are creating. Using the Business Requirements Template [DOCX], you will speculate on the company’s current and future requirements. Your assumptions need to be carefully considered and realistic.
Using the Business Requirements Template, you are to write a 5–7-page business requirements document for your hypothetical e-commerce company in which you:
- Describe the functional business requirements (scope) and scope control.
- Describe non-functional business requirements, such as governance, risk, and compliance.
- Describe technical requirements to integrate various e-commerce infrastructure components.
- Identify potential risks, constraints, and assumptions.
- Use three sources to support your writing.
- Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate.
- Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment.
- Access the library or review library guides for help with research, writing, and citation