Question: What is the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and what is its focus? Why does it focus in these areas?
Note – Please note that the requirement is to post your Initial Response (300 words). Make sure you write these answers by conducting some research and cite both textbook and external credible sources in APA format. Use Chapter 1 Pages 23, 24
Please read the Case study A Sad Tale: The Demise of Arthur Andersen in Chapter 4 page No 4-45 and answer the following Questions
1. To what extent do market pressures encourage unethical behavior? Can the demise of Andersen be blamed on the fact that the market began rewarding consulting services of the kind Andersen could provide?
2. How serious are the kinds of conflicts of interest discussed in this case? Did Sarbanes-Oxley eliminate the most serious conflicts?
3. Was it fair for the government to destroy an entire company because of the misdeeds of some of its members, or had Andersen become such a serious offender that such an action on the part of the government was justified?
– Note that each question should be answered in a minimum of 150(total 450 words) words.
– Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one inch margins on all sides and heading; citations and references must follow APA format. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.You are encouraged to provide detailed answer.