11. If a patient requests a log of disclosure of their PHI, each disclosure must include all of the following except
A. the description of enclosed PHI.
B. the name and address of who received the PHI.
C. the date of disclosure.
D. the name of who released the PHI.
12. Which of the following is a basic skill needed in order to operate an EHR?
B. No prior computer skills.
C. Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
D. Minimal interpersonal skills.
13. When accompanying a patient to an exam room, the MA commonly documents the patient’s
A. chief complaint.
B. billing information.
D. plan of treatment.
14. Which of the following is considered a third-party payer?
A. Healthcare Facility
B. Insurance company
D. Patient’s family
15. A/An _______ is the electronic trail that is tied to a username and password in an EHR.
B. security watch
C. network surveillance
D. audit trail
16. Which of the following is not considered advantages of EHR?
A. Decreased efficiency
B. Improved quality and continuity of care
C. Better security
D. Improved documentation
17. Amy signs a/an _______ form to allow test results to be discussed with her husband.
D. record release
18. A list of each employee’s access to the EHR is an example of _______ safeguards.
19. What does the doctrine of professional discretion protect?
A. Patients involved in child protective service cases.
B. Providers involved in malpractice lawsuits.
End of exam
C. Mentally or emotionally ill patients.
D. Elderly patients with dementia living in nursing home facilities.
20. Which of the following is a core objective added to stage two of meaningful use requirements?
A. Use of secure electronic messaging when communicating with patients
B. Provide clinical summaries for patients at each visit
C. Incorporating clinic lab test results into EHR as structure data
D. Documenting smoking and alcohol use