- Technology and media can be viewed as both a blessing and a curse when it comes to raising and educating children. While there are many positive influences that technology and media have brought to education, there are drawbacks as well. Another important influence is a child’s cultural background, which tends to impact the way a child participates in learning. In this assignment, you will do a deep dive into the effects, both positive and negative, that technology, media, and culture have on the major domains of child development.
Imagine you’re an instructional coach in a pre-K through 8th-grade school district. You’ve been asked by the head of curriculum to create a presentation to deliver during a teacher institute day.
Create a 10- to 12-slide presentation with detailed speaker notes that addresses the influence of technology, media, and culture on the following domains of child development:
- Note: You do not need to create audio for this presentation. The detailed speaker notes will be your script for the presentation.
Address the following ages for each influence and domain of development:
- Early childhood
- Middle childhood
- Include the following elements in your presentation:
- Title/introduction slide
- Slide style that complements content
- Optional: videos, audio clips, or external links
- Submit your assignment.
- College of Education Central
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Reference and Citation Generator
- Grammar Assistance